Best Albums of 2013

I found it easy to compile this year's list of Best Albums. These 20 really stood out among all the others. Not to say there wasn't plenty of great albums worthy of consideration, just that these choices (for me) were a noticeable notch above the rest.

With that being said, it was extremely difficult to put them in order. The top 4 choices were no-brainers, but the others I constantly kept changing their place of the list. The day of the show I was still making minor adjustments. I think if you check back in a week I'd probably move half of everything around again.

I hope you enjoyed 2013's Americana music as much as I did. The 2014 are already coming in, and from what I'm hearing, it's starting off to be a another great year in music.




#1 Emily Herring - Your Mistake




#2 Woody Pines - Rabbits Motel




#3 Mandolin Orange - This Side of Jordan




#4 Hobo Nephews of Uncle Frank - Number One Contender




#5 Fruition - Just One of Them Nights




#6 D.B. Rielly - Cross My Heart + Hope to Die




#7 Hiss Golden Messenger - Haw




#8 The Tillers - Hand on the Plow




#9 Jerry Miller - New Road Under My Wheels




#10 Mark Knopfler - Privateering




#11 Luke Winslow-King - The Coming Tide




#12 Samantha Crain - Kid Face




#13 Steve Martin & Edie Brickell - Love Has Come For You




#14 Blitzen Trapper - VII




#15 Southern Culture On The Skids - Dig This




#16 Robbie Fulks - Gone Away Backward




#17 The Devil Makes Three - I'm a Stranger Here




#18 Deadstring Brothers - Cannery Row




#19 Tim Easton - Not Cool




#20 Guy Clark - My Favorite Picture of You



1 comment:

Steve Wessinger said...

No Southeastern….Jason Isbell???????