Best Songs of 2012

Well I broke just about every rule I had for this year's list. The first DJ to put together an Americana show on KRVM set out a rule template for year end lists that I used to follow. I liked the rules and they made sense: ones like "no covers", "no multiple songs from the same musician", "no songs from albums that are on my Best Albums list."

I decided this year that the songs I loved, the ones I most wanted to play and share with others, broke the rules, so, accordingly I through the rules out.

What follows is a rule-less version of my favorite Americana songs of 2012...




#1 If My Heart Don't Fail Me - Efren




#2 Opelika - Lee Baines III & The Glory Fires





#3 Moving - John Fullbright



#4 Build A Home - Jeffrey Martin



#5 Northern Air - Elliott Brood



#6 Red Dirt Night - Jimmy LaFave





#7 Levi - Old Crow Medicine Show





#8 You Must Have Loved Me - The Doc Marshalls





#9 In The Dark - Mike + Ruthy





#10 Brown Eyed Handsome Man - Lyle Lovett





#11 Levee - Amy Cook





#12 Ham & Eggs - Woody Pines





#13 All the Time in the World - John Fullbright





#14 Yuma - Jessie Baylin





#15 Caney Fork Tennessee - Chelle Rose





#16 Beloved '37 - Mike Surber






#17  Nowhere, Massachusetts - Black Prairie





#18 Wake Up Mama - Marley's Ghost





#19 Well, You Can Do It Without Me - Father John Misty

  
 


#20 Down For The Ride - New Riders of the Purple Sage



No comments: