Tupelo Honey Playlist 12/4/12

I'm a month away from having to make my selections for the Best Americana CD's of 2012. As of last week I didn't have a clear favorite for the coveted top spot. It's been on my mind continuously and I think I've narrowed it down to about four discs. Well, that all went out the window last week when I gave a listen to a CD a listener brought by the station.

The CD is a debut release from the Portland based Twisted Whistle. It's a husband and wife duo fronting the band with a couple of excellent musician friends rounding out the line-up. This disc pushed every musical button I have. From songwriting, to genre jumping, to toe tapping rhythms, just an absolute joy to hear.

I'll be revealing my choice for Best of 2012 in a month, but I can tell you now that Twisted Whistle is the clear front runner for the top spot.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Artist - Song - Album

5pm
Deanna Cartea - Song On The Radio - Open Road
Lucinda Williams - Can't Let Go Car - Wheels On A Gravel Road
Patrick Brooks - Road Trip - Rust and Weeds
Scott Chism & The Better Half - 2>1 - Long Haul Steady
Taj Mahal - Queen Bee - SeƱor Blues
Ronnie Fauss - I Don't See You - I Am The Man You Know I'm Not
Glossary - Little Caney - The Better Angels Of Our Nature
The Rolling Stones - Far Away Eyes - Some Girls
Jason Eady - Man On A Mountain - AM Country Heaven
Twisted Whistle - Lost Coast Highway - Through The Mill
The Wild Rumpus - Logan County Line - 304
The Be Good Tanyas - In My Time of Dying - Le Coeur Des Hommes 2 
Greezy Wheels - Shake Until You Rattle - Gone Greezy

6pm
Slaid Cleaves - No Angel Knows - No Angel Knows
Grant Farm - The Times Have Changed - Grant Farm
The Marshall Tucker Band - This Ol' Cowboy - Where We All Belong
The Donkeys - Excelsior Lady - Living On the Other Side
Lilly Hiatt - Knew You Were Coming - Let Down
Sara Watkins - Take Up Your Spade - Sun Midnight Sun
The Wayne Drury Project - Gas Station Girl - The Wayne Drury Project
Johnny Miles - Turn And Draw - Sign Of The Times
Bap Kennedy - Hey Joe - Howl On
Twisted Whistle - Shapes - Through The Mill
Old Man Luedecke - Kingdom Come - Tender Is The Night
Lynn Drury - Smiley Face - Sugar On the Floor

No comments: