Tupelo Honey Playlist 7/17/12


Did I ever find a gem this week. I'd never heard of Scott Chism & The Better Half so it took me awhile to finally put their new CD into the player. WOW! What a great disc.

By looking at them I'd have never guessed how much musical potential they have.

They're from Hattiesburg, Mississippi and self released the disc so it might be hard to find, but trust me its worth the effort. If you can't track it down keep tuning in to Tupelo Honey, I'll be giving plenty more plays in the next few weeks.

Till Next Week
Ciao







Artist - Song - Album


5pm
Lisa Biales - Call The Fire Wagon - Just Like Honey
Ramsay Midwood - Monster Truck - Shoot Out At the Ok Chinese Restaurant
The Honeycutters - Getting Good At Waiting - When Bitter Met Sweet
Gee Gee & Soluna - Hit the Road Jack / Ray Charles - Streetwise
Uncle Tupelo - New Madrid - Anodyne
Bradley Wik And The Charlatans - '66 Chevelle - Burn What You Can, Bury The Rest...
Robinella and the CCstringband - Tennessee Saturday Night - Robinella and the CCstringband
James McMurtry - Dusty Pages - Candyland
O'Brien Party Of 7 - King Of The Road - Reincarnation: The Songs Of Roger Miller
Mike Surber - Early May - The Long Con
Blackberry Smoke - Lucky Seven - The Whippoorwill
The Meat Purveyors - Rose-Colored Glasses - Someday Soon Things Will Be Much Worse!
Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - Opelika - There Is a Bomb in Gilead
Sarah Borges & Broken Singles - Me And Your Ghost - The Stars Are Out
Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight - Best of Patsy Cline


6pm
Paul Thorn - I Don't Like Half The Folks I Love - Pimps & Preachers
Scott Chism & The Better Half - Jet 'n Dewdrop's Farm - Long Haul Steady
Jenny Scheinman - Shame Shame Shame - Advance Music
Bobbie Gentry - Son of a Preacher Man - Touch 'Em With Love
Doug Moreland - I Wanna Drive a Truck - Everybody Knows My Name
Otis Gibbs - Don't Worry Kid - Harder Than Hammered Hell
The Sweetback Sisters - You Done Me Wrong - Chicken Ain't Chicken
Tommy Womack - A Cockroach After the Bomb - There I Said It!
Lucinda Williams - Righteously - World Without Tears
Cory Branan - Miss Ferguson - The Hell You Say
Marley's Ghost - The Blues Are Callin' - Jubilee
Elizabeth Cook - If I Had My Way, I'd Tear This Building Down - Gospel Plow
Ray Wylie Hubbard - South of the River - The Grifter's Hymnal
Little Feat - Candyman Blues - Rooster Rag
Sightseer - Biggest Storms - What Tomorrow Brings


No comments: