Tupelo Honey Playlist 5/29/12


I hate being dependent on new releases. If the current crop of new music is sub-par then Tupelo Honey will be sub-par.

Most "Americana" radio shows I listen to fall into this trap. They play almost exclusively new releases. I certainly understand why they do it. When you hear as many good CD's as a modern DJ you can't help but want to give 'em some air time. The other thing is us DJ's don't want to hear old tunes. We're all about new music.

The problem is most listeners want to hear something they recognize in order to feel like they belong.

When I first started this radio show I made a commitment to myself not fall into the new release trap. Any week you tune-in Tupelo Honey I promise you'll recognize some of the music, I'll also promise you'll find some gems from the past that you didn't hear when they first came out. That being said I also guarantee you'll hear some great new releases. And I must say, there's some fantastic new stuff out there.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Artist - Song - Album


5pm
Turnpike Troubadours - Morgan Street - Goodbye Normal Street
Leftover Salmon - Liza - Aquatic Hitchhiker
Bap Kennedy - Hey Joe - Howl On
The Doc Marshalls - You Must Have Loved Me - Look Out, Compadre
Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire - iTunes Session
Efren - If My Heart Don't Fail Me - Write a New Song
Jerry Jeff Walker - Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother - Great Gonzos
Hank Dogs - Whole Way - Hankdogs Half Smile
Feufollet - Au Font Du Lac - En Couleurs
The Brothers Comatose - Morning Time - Respect The Van
Los Lobos - Border Town Girl - Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos
Blue Mountain - Wink - Dog Days
Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem - Miami Moon - Some Bright Morning
Hayes Carll - Little Rock - Little Rock


6pm
John Fullbright - All the Time In the World  - From The Ground Up
The Flying Burrito Brothers - Sin City - Best Of...
Angus & Julia Stone - Just a Boy - A Book Like This
Merchants Of Moonshine - Whole Lot More - More Than Whiskey
Jeffrey Foucault - Lodi - Stripping Cane
The Wilders - This Old Town - The Wilders
Ray Wylie Hubbard - Bones - Growl
Pieta Brown - In My Mind I Was Talkin' To Loretta - Remember The Sun
Meat Puppets - Comin' Down - Too High to Die
The James Low Western Front - I Would Have You - Whiskey Farmer
Caitlin Cary - Second Option - Begonias
I See Hawks in L.A. - Highland Park Serenade - New Kind of Lonely
Freakwater - My Old Drunk Friend - Feels Like the Third Time
Peyton Tochterman - Johnsburg - A New World

No comments: