Tupelo Honey Playlist 4/24/12



Often bands will be touring the west coast and make a stopover in Eugene based largely on the premise that a local DJ loves their music. 

When that DJ is me I get mighty nervous. Yeah I love their music and yeah I play the snot out of it, but when you only have 5 people listening to your radio show and two of those are your parents, well lets just say its a bit difficult to fill an auditorium. 

Alright, I'm hamming it up a bit, but I do worry about unknown bands coming to Eugene. If I love 'em I really, really want the local gig to do well, yet I don't really have any control over the outcome.

I've got one of those bands coming to town this weekend. The band is a husband and wife duo out of Wyoming. Screen Door Porch's debut album was my choice for one of the best of 2010. Their sophomore release has just hit the streets. Looking for something to do this weekend? Screen Door Porch has a gig on Friday at the Axe & Fiddle in Cottage Grove and at Cozmic Pizza on Sunday. 

If you make it to one of the shows be sure to say hi to one of the three other people who listen to Tupelo Honey, hell, you might as well also say hi to my mom.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Artist - Song - Album


5pm
Lindi Ortega - Little Lie  - Little Red Boots
The Doc Marshalls - Why I'm Leaving - Look Out, Compadre
Smokestack Lightnin' - Leaving Louisiana In the Broad Daylight - Roadmasters
The Mastersons - The Other Shoe - Birds Fly South
Screen Door Porch - Wrong The Right - Screen Door Porch
Delbert McClinton - Too Much Stuff - One of the Fortunate Few
Harry McClintock - Big Rock Candy Mountain - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Woody Pines - Ham & Eggs - You Gotta Roll
Michelle Shocked - The Weight - To Heaven U Ride
Joe Ely - Lift Your Leg - The Man Of Somebody's Dreams: A Tribute to the Songs of Chris Gaffney
Steve Brockley - Nickels and Dimes - Steve Brockley
Phil Cody - Patchouli Oil - Mad Dog Sessions
Madeleine Peyroux - Walkin' After Midnight - Dreamland
Jason Isbell - Down In a Hole - Sirens of the Ditch


6pm
Wanda Jackson - Cash On the Barrelhead - Heart Trouble
The James Low Western Front - I Would Have You - Whiskey Farmer
Bonnie Raitt - Ain't Gonna Let You Go - Slipstream
Trampled By Turtles - Keys To Paradise - Stars and Satellites
Trout Fishing in America - 18 Wheels On a Big Rig - Family Music Party
New Riders Of The Purple Sage - Down for the Ride - 17 Pine Avenue
Feufollet - Au Font Du Lac  - En Couleurs
Jack Marks - So Hard  - Two of Everything
Lyle Lovett - Keep It Clean - Release Me
Shannon McNally - Rock My Soul - Light Walker Demos EP
The Pine Hill Haints - Scar - To Win or to Lose
Son Volt - Pushed Too Far  - American Central Dust
Max Stalling - Drunk In Mexico - Live At Dan's Silver Leaf

No comments: