Tupelo Honey Playlist 12/27/11

I got a new release figuratively stuck in my CD player this week. I say figuratively because I could have ejected it at any time but instead listened to it over-and-over-and-over again.

It's by a unlikely mix - three young siblings from London. The band is Kitty Daisy & Lewis. All the sibs are multi-instrumentalists and take turns on the mic. There incredibly hard to pigeon hole but I'll give it a shot - old time rock n roll meets hipster rockabilly meets a 17-year-old female version of Johnny Cash.

Fun stuff.

Next week I'm going to play my favorite songs of 2011, hope you can make it.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Artist - Song - Album


5pm
Charlie Faye - Girl Who Cried Love - Travels With Charlie
Blackie & The Rodeo Kings (w/ Amy Helm) - I'm Still Loving You - Kings And Queens
Jonathan Byrd - Amelia, My Dream - This Is the New That
Tony Joe White & Emmylou Harris - Wild Wolf Calling Me - The Heroines
Sean Hayes - No No Guantanamo - Outtakes & Alternatives
Golden Smog - Radio King - Stay Golden, Smog: The Best Of Golden Smog
Laura Repo - The L&N Don't Stop Here Anymore - Get Yourself Home
Great American Taxi - Olden Days - Paradise Lost
Lucinda Williams - Fruits of My Labor - World Without Tears
Bahamas - Be My Witness - Barchords
Buffalo Clover - Can't Stand Still - Low Down Time
the cat Mary - Step By Step - Postbellum Neighborhood
Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Truck Drivin' Man - Too Much Fun


6pm
Eliza Gilkyson - Hiway 9 - Land Of Milk And Honey
Pert Near Sandstone - Snake Charmer - Paradise Hop
Little Country Giants - So Hard - Sing Pretty for the People
Michelle McAfee - 101° - Up In The Air
The Little Willies - I Worship You - For The Good Times
Eric Clapton - White Trash - Confederate Tales: White Mansions & Jesse James
The Patti Fiasco - Bottle of Wine - The Patti Fiasco
Fragile Jack - Copathetic - Thirsty Work
Patty Griffin - Cold As It Gets - Impossible Dream
Kitty Daisy & Lewis - Will I Ever - Smoking In Heaven
Carolyn Mark & NQ Arbuckle - Passing Dream - Let's Just Stay Here
Bellwether - Sugar Moon - Home Late
Jack Marks - Greasy Maggie - Two of Everything
Matt the Electrician - Jesse's Girl - Made for Working
Richmond Fontaine - The Mechanic's Life - The High Country

No comments: