Tupelo Honey Playlist 9/6/11

I always wonder why some bands "make it" and some don't.

Is it money? I'm sure that's a big part of it. But for all the financially successful bands there's plenty of others that have never made scratch and are still going strong. Others seem to book pretty big gigs and yet still can't keep together.



Is it timing? There's so many disbanded groups that I think would've made it if they could have waited out some hard times. On tonight's show I played The Star Room Boys, a group out of Athens, GA that went tits-up after two incredible albums. Everytime I drag out one of their old albums a give it a radio spin, the phone rings off the hook. Bad timing.

I guess I'll never know why one band makes it and another doesn't. All I know is I'm really grateful to the Drag The River's and Two Cow Garage's and all the other bands driven by something other than the payday.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album


5pm
Getting Hard - Flatbed Honeymoon - The Traveler
Waiting For Armaguard - Rory Ellis - Perfectly Damaged
I've Just Seen A Face - Fiery Blue - Our Secret
Patch In Your Jeans - Matthew Barber - Matthew Barber
Dead Man's Hand - Jeffrey Halford & The Healers - Broken Chord
My Wife Thinks You're Dead - Junior Brown - Greatest Hits
Orphan - Sam Baker - Pretty World
Does My Ring Burn Your Finger - Buddy Miller - No Depression: What It Sounds Like, Vol.1
How Come - Ray LaMontagne - Trouble
Whiskey In My Whiskey - The Felice Brothers - The Felice Brothers
I'm Gonna Assemble a City - These United States - Everything Touches Everything
Both our Towns - The Star Room Boys - Why Do Lonely Men And Women Want To Break Each Other's Hearts?
Well Ok Honey - Jenny O - Home EP
I Don't Know Anybody In This Town - Greg Brown - Freak Flag
Rockin' Dog - The Reverend Horton Heat - Liquor in the Front


6pm
Humpty Dumpty World - Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down
Big Slow Mover - Phil Cody - Big Slow Mover
House of Glory - Dead Man Winter - Bright Lights
Colas - The David Wax Museum - Carpenter Bird
Picture Show - John Prine - The Missing Years
The Jewel Fades - Brian Ledford - From Sunlight Into Shadow
Western Bound - Nikki Lane - Gone, Gone, Gone
Forget The Flowers - Wilco - Being There 
Long Time Comin - Stephen Shealy - Real Good Man
The Night Is Young - The Floating Men - Pleasurado
Sweetheart - John Doe - Keeper
Hillbilly Blue - Kieran Kane & Kevin Welch - You Can't Save Everybody
Sip Molasses - Brigitte DeMeyer - Rose of Jericho
Thinking About Drinking - The Meat Purveyors - All Relationships Are Doomed to Fail
It Ain't Right - Chris Scruggs - Anthem
Small Town - Owen Temple - Mountain Home

No comments: