Tupelo Honey Playlist 7/19/11


I had a dream last night that I was front row at a Gillian Welch/Dave Rawlings show. Not a stretch considering I just went to see them last week. But in my dream they came out for the last encore and announced they we're retiring from music and this would be the last tour either of them would ever do.

That's not a dream. That's a nightmare! 

I happy to announce that when I awoke it dawned on me that the two of them will be making music long into the future. I'm really enjoying their new album. If you haven't heard it yet or got a chance to see them live I whole heartedly recommend both.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album


5pm
Tour of Duty - Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Here We Rest
O Lord - Amy Correia - You Go Your Way
Adios To California John Hiatt Dirty - Jeans And Mudslide Hymns
Lonliness Is Searchin  - Slink Moss Explosion - Slink Moss Explosion
Joy - Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels On A Gravel Road
Portland - Middle Brother - Middle Brother
Caroline - Old Crow Medicine Show - Tennessee Pusher
Stuck Inside of Mobile With the Memphis Blues Again - North Mississippi Allstars - Keys to the Kingdom
There Ain't No Good Chain Gang - Johnny Cash & Waylon Jennings - The Legend
Used to Call Me Baby - Split Lip Rayfield - Never Make It Home
The Barnyard Bachelor - The Red Stick Ramblers - My Suitcase Is Always Packed
Scarlet Town - Gillian Welch - The Harrow & The Harvest
Monster Truck - Ramsay Midwood - Shoot Out At the Ok Chinese Restaurant
Black River Killer - Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer EP


6pm
Electric Love Letter  - Langhorne Slim - Electric Love Letter EP
Meet Me In The Alleyway - Steve Earle - I'll Never Get Out Of This World Alive
Angel from Montgomery - Bonnie Raitt - Streetlights
Old Soul - The Romany Rye - Highway 1, Looking Back Carefully
Smiley Face - Lynn Drury - Sugar On the Floor
Stuck In The Middle - The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Speed Of Life
I'm Still Loving You - Blackie & The Rodeo Kings (w/ Amy Helm) - Kings And Queens
Woke Up One Mornin' - Miss Lana Rebel - All I Need
What That Song Means Now - Corb Lund - Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!
Till The Hand Falls Off The Clock - David Hidalgo & Louie PĂ©rez - The Long Goodbye
Mud - Richard Buckner - Bloomed 
One Hand in the Furnace - Wrinkle Neck Mules - Let the Lead Fly
No Surprise - Quiet Life - Big Green

No comments: