Tupelo Honey Playlist 6/7/11

Zoe Muth's sophomore release has been on the streets for months but has eluded me. Well, finally, I got to give it a listen.

She set such a high bench mark in 2009 with her first album (it was my choice for best album of the year) I knew this new one was doomed. I've seen it so many times: A great release is almost always followed by a dog. With Ms. Muth....Not so!

I can't believe it but I think she might of matched her epic beginning. I've got to give it the test-of-time before I cast a final vote but right now my ears are perked way-the-fuck up. I can't wait to give Starlight Hotel some more spins. I recommend you do the same.

Till Next Week
Ciao



Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Shelter Me - Blackie & The Rodeo Kings (w/ Patti Scialfa) - Kings And Queens
Cave Country - Quiet Life - Big Green
Far Away Eyes - The Rolling Stones - Some Girls
Before The Night Is Gone - Zoe Muth And The Lost High Rollers - Starlight Hotel
Gulf Coast Bay - Steve Dawson - Nightshade
What Money Cannot Buy - Tara Nevins - Wood And Stone
A Song for You - Gram Parsons - GP / Grievous Angel
Aces & Eights - Jimbo Mathus - Confederate Buddha
West Monroe - Pieta Brown - Remember the Sun
Fat Man in the Bathtub - Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
Cowboy Boots - Eddie Spaghetti - Sundowner

6pm
Day Dreamer - The Waifs - Temptation
Long Time Running - The Tragically Hip - Road Apples
Just Another Rider - Gregg Allman - Low Country Blues
Born With Stripes - The Donkeys - Born With Stripes
Drink Tickets - Gas Money - 22 Dollars
Walking the Dog - Hans Theessink - Journey On
All I Know - Matt The Electrician - Accidental Thief
Somewhere West of Thondale - Green Whiskey - Triple Shot High
Sorrow Nevermore - k.d. lang & The Siss Boom Bang - Sing it Loud
360 - Heath Haynes & the Hi-Dollars - Ain't With Bein' Broke
Kingston - Good Lovelies - Let The Rain Fall
Jim 3:16 - Jim White - A Funny Little Cross to Bear (Live)
Ohh La La - The Ditty Bops - The Ditty Bops
One Chord Song - Stoney LaRue - The Red Dirt Album
A Lotta Rock and Roll - Tim Carroll - Always Tomorrow

No comments: