Tupelo Honey Playlist 5/31/11

Just got my hands on the new release from Portland-based Quiet Life. Wow! Definitely some of the best tunes I've heard this year. The band opened for Hayes Carll at The Wow Hall a few weeks ago. I didn't make the show but ended up with a copy of their spectacular new release. Prior to their arrival in Eugene I'd never heard of the band. It's amazing the amount of "unknown" bands coming out of Portland. Now that I know Quiet Life I hope we can get 'em back to town.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Bloodhound - The Donkeys - Born With Stripes
Callin' All Cows - Elvin Bishop - Raisin' Hell Revue
Every Little Bit Counts - James McMurtry - Walk Between The Raindrops
Always - Natalia Zukerman - Gas Station Roses
The Girl I Left Behind - Levon Helm - Dirt Farmer
Cave Country - Quiet Life - Big Green
Tip of the Iceberg - The Farewell Drifters - Echo Boom
World Without Tears - Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
Another Free Woman Gets To Walk Away - Blackie & The Rodeo Kings - Kings And Queens
My Planets Are In Retrograde - Greezy Wheels - Gone Greezy
Country Funk - Southern Culture On The Skids - Plastic Seat Sweat
Sometimes Wine - Sunday Valley - To the Wind and on to Heaven


6pm
Feelin' Better - The Gaddabouts - The Gaddabouts
Medicine Bow - Kevin Brown - The County Primaries
Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother - Jerry Jeff Walker - Great Gonzos
Southern Comfort - Gavin GLass And The Holy Shakers - Gavin Glass & The Holy Shakers
Hill Farmer's Blues - Mark Knopfler - The Ragpicker's Dream
Sheetrock Hanger - Rod Picott - Welding Burns
Turn And Draw - Johnny Miles - Sign Of The Times
Mystifies Me - Son Volt - Trace
Distant Sures - The Cave Singers - No Witch
I Love - Patty Griffin - I Love: Tom T. Hall's Songs Of Fox Hollow
Seven Long Years - The Whipsaws - 60 Watt Avenue
Datura - Or, The Whale - Or, The Whale
I'm All Fired Up - Junior Brown - Long Walk Back
Poison Trees - The Devil Makes Three - Do Wrong Right

No comments: