Tupelo Honey Playlist 5/17/11

Well I think I've convinced myself (and my wife) that I have to go to Pickathon this year. The line-up is just too impressive to miss. By accident tonight I played several of the many great performers set to descend on Happy Valley: Elliot Brood and Ray Wylie Hubbard. I think it would be hard for me to do a show and not play one of the bands coming to Pickathon.

Had two discs this week that I had to revisit to realize how great they are. The first was Eugene's own Tyler Fortier. His new album, while dramatically different from the last one (the one I couldn't stop fawning over), is almost equally as impressive. The second was the Lawn Chair Kings. A CD I can't recommend enough.

Till Next Week
Ciao



Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Be What They Be - Tyler Fortier - Fear Of The Unknown
If I Had A Dollar - Ted Russell Kamp - Get Back To The Land
King Of The Road - Hayes Carll - The Imus Ranch Record II
Watering Hole - The Apache Relay - American Nomad
Still Be Around - Uncle Tupelo - Still Feel Gone
Danger Behind The Wheel - Rose's Pawn Shop - Dancing On The Gallows
Everyday a Winding Road - Sheryl Crow - Session@AOL EP
After What We've Been Thru - Lawn Chair Kings - Lawn Chair Kings ll
Break In The Clouds - Elephant Revival - Break In The Clouds
Roller Derby Queen - Jim Croce - Greatest Hits
Bones - Ray Wylie Hubbard - Growl
Till My Grave - Jettison Bend - Sparks Fade to Gray
I Like to Party with Girls - The Two Man Gentlemen Band - ¡Dos Amigos, Una Fiesta!
Oh, Atlanta - Alison Krauss - Now That I've Found You

6pm
Born Again - Tom Breiding - Beauty In Paradise
The Valley Town - Elliott Brood - Mountain Meadows
Coffee & Beer - Steve Mardon - Critic's Darling
Jump Through the Window - Ted Jones - Rm Deluxe
Inglewood - k.d. lang & The Siss Boom Bang - Sing it Loud
7th Wheel - Tim Easton - Porcupine
Oppenheimer - Old 97's - Fight Songs
God Made Me a Little Crazy - The Wilders - Bull Shoals
I Don't Wait - The Von Ehrics - Two Foot Stomp
Take A Break - Catherine MacLellan - Water In The Ground
Georgia On a Fast Train - Billy Joe Shaver - Hot Tracks: Train Super Hits
Shake Your Party Dress - Boca Chica - Lace Up Your Work Boots
Gravel Truck - Cam Penner - Get Up
Beautiful Night - The Waifs - Temptation
I'll Come Knockin' - Ian McFeron - Summer Nights
I'm In Love With A Girl - Jill Sobule & John Doe - A Day At The Pass

No comments: