Tupelo Honey Playlist 1/18/11

As usual the year ends, I pick my favorite songs, and then I discover a bunch of music that should have been in my "Best Of" lists.

Two songs I've found in the last week certainly would have made my Best Songs of 2010. First is Austin Collins "Can't Say This At Home." Just a great tune. The other is Jeff Martin's "Song In My Head." Jeff's tune would have ended up in the top 5 and potentially made a run at number one. The whole album also would have made my list of 2010's best discs. Jeff is from Eugene and marks a strong trend of excellent Americana coming out of my backyard. Eugene's Tyler Fortier and Cottage Grove's The Harmed Brothers both had outstanding albums that I seriously considered when picking the best of 2010. Nice to know the music I love and the town I love are merging.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Kentucky Pill - Johnny Flynn - Been Listening
Nothing You Can't Lose - The Steel Wheels - Red Wing
Cinnamon Road - Shawn Colvin - These Four Walls
Can't Say This At Home - Austin Collins - Roses Are Black
Guitar Town (1989 Live In Calgary) - Steve Earle - Rarities Edition: Copperhead Road
Song In My Head - Jeff Martin - Gold In The Water
One Day - Sharon Van Etten - Epic
Bad Road, Good People - Boris McCutcheon - Wheel Of Life
Busy Road - Southern Culture On the Skids - The Kudzu Ranch
Big Weekend - Tom Petty Highway - Companion
Fire Alarm - Carrie Rodriguez And Ben Kyle - We Still Love Our Country
Too Many Rainy Days - Leeroy Stagger - Everything Is Real
Bull Rider - Norah Jones & Sasha Dobson - ...Featuring Norah Jones
Hell or High Water - Johnny Dowd - Down to the Promised Land

6pm
American Static - Micah Schnabel - When The Stage Lights Go Dim
Desert Skies - The Marshall Tucker Band - Carolina Dreams
Hell to Pay - Chris Coole - Old Dog
Lever Pulled Down - Sam Phillips - Magic for Everybody
Cup Of Sorrow - Amos Lee - Mission Bell
Treat Me Like a Dog - Sundogs - Dancing Room Only
All Arise! - The Decemberists - The King Is Dead
Paddywagon - Johanna Divine - Mile-High Rodeo
Hot and Dusty Monday - Grievous Angels - 22 Trailer Park
New Madrid - Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne
Man In The Moon - Coyote Grace - Ear To The Ground
Rattlesnake Mountain - Red Clay River - EP
Rye Whiskey/Time To Switch To Whiskey - Corb Lund - Losin' Lately Gambler

No comments: