Tupelo Honey Playlist 12/28/10

It's that time of year where I start driving myself crazy agonizing over my picks for Best Album of the Year. I realize that no one, and I mean NO ONE, gives a shit what some guy in Eugene thinks is a good or bad record, but in some ways that makes my selections all that much more special. I'm not trying to impress anyone or win any favors or promote some artist because I think they deserve it, the choice and motivations for that choice are completely personal.

Those personal choices are coming up: Next Tuesday (Jan 4) I'll play my choice for the Top 20 Songs of 2010, and the following Tuesday I'll play some songs from my choice for the Top 20 Albums of 2010.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm

Please Hold On While The Train Is Moving - Old 97's - The Grand Theatre Volume One
Kentucky Pill - Johnny Flynn - Been Listening
Natural Forces - Lyle Lovett - Natural Forces
Wanda and Duane - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Men - Out In California
Queen of Memphis - Jimmy Baldwin - Vivador
Roll On Down The Road - The Wiyos - Broken Land Bell
Deep River - Caleb Klauder - Western Country
Big Hat, No Cattle - Randy Newman - Bad Love
Personality Disorder - Graham Wilkinson And The Underground Township - Yearbook
The Crossing - Meg Hutchinson - The Crossing
Don't Take Me Home - Ben Rait - No Regrets
Roll the Dice - The Baseboard Heaters - Seeing Red

6pm
On The Road - Mike + Ruthy - Million to One
Devil's In The Jukebox - Ray LaMontagne & The Pariah Dogs - God Willin' & The Creek Don't Rise
Save Your Money For The Weekend - Glossary - Feral Fire
Swamp County - Hayshaker - Tin Roof Snare
Where Rainbows Never Die - The SteelDrivers - Reckless
Sugar Moon - Bellwether - Home Late
She Took a Lot of Pills (And Died) - Robbie Fulks - Country Love Songs
Crop Comes In - Chatham County Line - Wildwood
Copathetic - Fragile Jack - Thirsty Work
Woke Up One Mornin' - Miss Lana Rebel - All I Need
Silver Moon - Blitzen Trapper - Black River Killer
Doggone My Time - The Red Stick Ramblers - My Suitcase Is Always Packed
Wait A Minute - Eric Brace & Peter Cooper - Master Sessions
New Years Eve - Adam Carroll & Michael O'Connor - Hard Times

No comments: