Tupelo Honey Playlist 11/30/10

I always have a handful of new songs that I love to play for people willing to hear some new music. Usually the handful is what I consider to be the most easily like-able new music I've been hearing. Sometimes it's also music that I'm absolutely in love with. Right now most of those "new songs" that I'm displaying for friends are from The David Wax Museum. Yeah, I know, a ridiculous name for a band, but, the music is an utter joy. They're songs I'm head-over-heels for but I can't imagine there's anyone who wouldn't feel that way. A mix of folk, americana, and traditional mexicana. Put on "The Persimmon Tree," I promise your toes will start tapping and a smile will creep up on you.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Driving My Young Life Away - Wayne Hancock - Viper Of Melody
Coffin for a Boat - Jimmy Baldwin - Vivador
Spring is Here - Shannon Whitworth - Water Bound
Old Days - John Hiatt - Same Old Man
In the Beginning - Caleb Klauder - Western Country
Pill Poppin' Country Weirdo - Halden Wofford & The Hi-Beams - Sinners & Saints
Tears Of Joy - Lucinda Williams - Little Honey
Miss Amphetamine - Michael Dean Damron - A Perfect Day for a Funeral
The Drying Of The Lawns - The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt
If Time Was For Wasting - Dylan LeBlanc - If Time Was For Wasting
Riverside - The Beat Farmers - Van Go
The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Oil - The Coal Porters - Durango
Home - Martinez & Guthrie - Gathering Change

6pm
I Got Loaded - Los Lobos - How Will the Wolf Survive?
Duncan and Brady - Woody Pines - Lonesome Shack Blues
Dirt Track Date - Southern Culture On The Skids - Dirt Track Date
Chasin' The Sun - US 32 - Tumblin Home
Final Hour - Eilen Jewell - Sea Of Tears
The Persimmon Tree - The David Wax Museum - Carpenter Bird
You Can't Always Get Want You Want - Honeywagon - Paint It Blue
As I Slept In - Hayshaker - Tin Roof Snare
Draggin Down The Line - Scott H. Biram - Somethings Wrong/Lost Forever
Unholy Train - The Damnations TX - Half Mad Moon
Hi Fi Love - Adam Carroll - Old Town Rock 'N Roll
Dirty Bellybutton - Cigar Store Indians - Guestlist
River Road - The Stagger & Sway - Break Til You Bend
How Will You Meet Your End - AA Bondy - American Hearts

No comments: