Tupelo Honey Playlist 7/13/10

I was thinking and wondering the other day what makes up someone's "taste" in music. I post my weekly playlist on Itunes. Anyone on Itunes can view it, hear it and rate it. I can't believe how many of my playlist get the lowest rating available. If you've gone to my playlist on Itunes it almost certainly means you got there because of the link on an artist's page. That means you must like one of the folkes I'm playing. So I presume you then that you hate everything else. Is that possible?

I often make CD's for friends whose music libraries are lacking. I notice that when I visit a year later they're still playing the same limited music selection that spurred me to intervene.

Is it comfort?

I can only imagine it is. That's how commercial radio functions: The same songs ad nauseum until they're etched in your psyche. I think that's why us independent DJ's love it when a listener calls asking what we just played. Yes! Someone willing to explore new music.

If you're reading this you already are one of those people. If I could meet you I'd give you a big sloppy kiss, just for having "taste" in music.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Drink Tonight - The Cody Gill Band - Boxcars
Louisville Roll - Jim Lauderdale - Patchwork River
Just The Same - Austin Collins & The Rainbirds - Wrong Control
5 Days In May - Blue Rodeo - Five Days In July
Wrong The Right - Screen Door Porch - Screen Door Porch
The Earth and Air - Tether Horse - In The House That Took Me
Ophelia - Jim Byrnes - My Walking Stick
The U.S.S. Zydecoldsmobile - Sonny Landreth - Levee Town
O Lord - Amy Correia - You Go Your Way
Pony Ride - Boris Mccutcheon & The Saltlicks - Bad Road, Good People
Hometown Blues - Steve Earle - Train a Comin'
Credit Cards - US 32 - Tumblin Home
Mississippi - JJ Grey & Mofro - Country Ghetto

6pm
Beer Goggle Blues - Poor Man's Whiskey - Train to California
Lost in Durango - Backyard Tire Fire - Sick of Debt
Won't Let This Die - Matt Ellis - Births, Deaths & Marriages
Ode to Billie Joe - Rachel Harrington - City of Refuge
Third Day Of July - The Deep Vibration - Veracruz
SeƱor (Tales Of Yankee Power) - Dierks Bentley - Up On The Ridge
Honky Tonk Moon - Rosie Flores - Bandera Highway
Country Caravan - Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
Town Square - The Subdudes - Flower Petals
Oil & Lavender - Nathaniel Rateliff - In Memory Of Loss
Such True Love - Zoe Muth - Zoe Muth
Speak Plainly, Diana - Joe Pug - Messenger
Crash On The Barrelhead - Old 97's - Fight Songs
Kathleen - Josh Ritter - Hello Starling

1 comment:

tether said...

Hey there,

Matthew from Tether Horse here. Just wanted to say thanks for playing our tunes on your show. We really appreciate it. It's exiting for us to see our name listed with so many great talents.