Tupelo Honey Playlist 2/23/10

We'll call this edition of Tupelo Honey the hippie show. I was listening to the new CD from Great American Taxi, which, by-the-way, is a spectacular disc, when I heard the tune "Fuzzy Little Hippie Girl." Well I couldn't help myself but throw together a musical set of some of my favorite tunes mentioning that American icon: the hippie.

Besides the short "hippie" set, I had mostly an all-star show today. Some lesser knows with new discs worthy of note include Gordie Tentrees, the just released gem Sao Paulo from the Deadstring Brothers, and my favorite song thus far in 2010 "Again" by Trampled By Turtles.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Caroline and I - Kentucky Nightmare - Take Her Favour
Water or Gasoline - Kevin Gordon - Down to the Well
Cinnamon Road - Shawn Colvin - These Four Walls
Forever - The Parson Red Heads - King Giraffe
Again - Trampled By Turtles - Palomino
What Am I Living For - Van Morrison - Pay the Devil
Highway One - The Waifs - Up All Night
Madalyn's Bones - Gurf Morlix - Diamonds to Dust
The Diplomat - Maria Muldaur - Maria Muldaur & Her Garden Of Joy
Satellite Radio - Steve Earle - Washington Square Serenade
Get Out My Life Woman - The Wood Brothers - Up Above My Head
Black Doves - Amelia White - B;ack Doves
Dead Flowers - The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

6pm
Any Old Time - Sara Watkins - Sara Watkins
Salt & The Sea - Gregory Alan Isakov - That Sea, The Gambler
(Don't Go Back) To Rockville - Yellow Hammers - Self Titled
Smile - Deadstring Brothers - Sao Paulo
Slate - Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne
Hippie In My House - Halden Wofford and the Hi-Beams - Midnight Rodeo
Hippie Boyfriend - Anna Laube - Pool All The Love*Pool All The Knowledge
Fuzzy Little Hippie Girl - Great American Taxi - Reckless Habits
Up Against The Wall, Redneck Mother - Jerry Jeff Walker - Great Gonzos
The Wrong Girl - Missy Higgins - On A Clear Night
Daylight - Gordie Tentrees - Mercy Or Sin
Michigan - Tramps & Thieves - Spittin' Into the Wind
Roll On - The Little Willies - The Little Willies
It Only Breaks My Heart - Brian Molnar - Feelin Out Of Time


No comments: