Tupelo Honey Playlist 1/19/10

The last couple of weeks have been taken up with my "Best of 2009" shows. I've also spent this time going through the piles of CD's on my desk, just making sure I didn't miss any hidden gems.

Well I did! Magnolia Electric Company released an album earlier in the year that didn't impress me. When giving it another spin, I found the song "Little Sad Eyes." The tune would have undoubtedly made my Best Of list. I apologize for missing such a great song.

A few other CDs that I should have played earlier in the year but somehow missed include: Matthew Dean Herman's Blackbird, Madison Violet's No Fool For Trying, American Aquarium's Dances For The Lonely, and Boca Chica's Lace Up Your Work Boots. All these discs have tunes completely worthy of airplay, thus I righted my wrong and played 'em this week.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Shake Your Party Dress - Boca Chica - Lace Up Your Work Boots
I Understand Now - Patterson Hood - Murdering Oscar (And Other Love Songs)
Touching The Ground - Brandi Carlile - Give Up The Ghost
360 - Heath Haynes & the Hi-Dollars - Ain't With Bein' Broke
Lauralee - Madison Violet - No Fool for Trying
Blitzkrieg Bop - Bob Delevante - Columbus and the Colossal Mistake
Hard Livin' Life - Matthew Dean Herman - Blackbird
Jack B. Nimble - Shannon McNally - Coldwater
Oh, Atlanta - Alison Krauss - Now That I've Found You
Louisiana Beauty Queen - American Aquarium - Dances for the Lonely
This Is What - Horse Feathers - House With No Home
Coming On Strong - Sara Petite - Lead The Parade
Me and Billy the Kid - Joe Ely - Live at Antone's
When I'm Gone - Brigitte DeMeyer - Red River Flower

6pm
Sweet Susquehanna - Slimfit - The Path
Little Sad Eyes - Magnolia Electric Co. - Josephine
Hurricanes and Hand Grenades - Jason Isbell - Sirens of the Ditch
Tecumseh Valley - Nanci Griffith - Other Voices, Other Rooms
Gravel Truck - Cam Penner - Get Up
Pico De Gallo - Trout Fishing In America - Big Trouble
Salt N Pepper Days - Jonathan Terrell and the Organization - Emory
Eugene Oregon - Dolly Parton - Dolly
Have You Seen My Chicken? - The Sweetback Sisters - Chicken Ain't Chicken
Johnny Got a Boom Boom - Imelda May - Love Tattoo
Good Morning Captain - The Black Crowes - Before The Frost...
Tumbleweed - Toni Price - Hey
Red Slab - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck

No comments: