Tupelo Honey Playlist 1/26/10

I can hardly wait to see what 2010 has in store for Americana music.

We've already got some interesting releases trickling into the station. Thus far my favorite is the sophomore effort by Pennsylvania's Slimfit. I loved their 2008 debut Make It Worse. This new one, The Path, is a lot more rock and a lot less twang. Sophomore releases have a tendency to leave me flat so I wasn't expecting much, boy was I ever pleasantly surprised! Slimfit will be a great band to keep you eye on for next few years.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Not Again - Slimfit - The Path
Raise Hell Drink Beer - Eleven Hundred Springs - Brewed in Texas
Boom, Boom, Boom - Jubal Lee Young - The Last Free Place In America
Let the Mystery Be - Iris DeMent - Infamous Angel
Three Chords - Shurman - Waiting For The Sunset
Hangin' Your Life On The Wall - Guy Clark - Dublin Blues
Barfly - Ray LaMontagne - Till the Sun Turns Black
The Little Things - Southern Culture On The Skids - Ditch Diggin'
Just The Same - Austin Collins & The Rainbirds - Wrong Control
Passing Dream - Carolyn Mark & NQ Arbuckle - Let's Just Stay Here
Mercury Blues - David Lindley - El Rayo-X
Like a Cannonball - Honey Gitters - Barrel-Sniffer's Holiday
Frankie & Sue - Darden Smith - Extra Extra
Afterthoughts - Bellwether - Home Late

6pm
Fruits of My Labor - Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
The Ruminant Band - Fruit Bats - The Ruminant Band
Does My Ring Burn Your Finger - Buddy Miller - No Depression Vol.1
Four Winds - Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
We Always Fight When We Drink Gin - Austin Lounge Lizards - Strange Noises In the Dark
Graveyard Shift - Uncle Tupelo - No Depression
Whiskey In My Whiskey - The Felice Brothers - The Felice Brothers
Everything I Do (Miss You) - Whiskeytown - Strangers Almanac
devils Paintbrush Road - Annabelle Chvostek - Burned My A*s
California Kid - Beat Farmers - Tales of the New West
Drunk On Love - Radney Foster - This World We Live In
Jesse's Girl - Matt the Electrician - Made for Working
Caramel Heart - Loomer - Songs of the Wild West Island

1 comment:

Joe from Corvallis said...

Shotgun, your show makes the early part of the week bearable. I look forward to hearing what you play each Tuesday evening.

I really appreciated the "Best of '09" shows you put together and it's helped me expand my horizons and reconnect with old favorites.

Keep up the good work.