Tupelo Honey Playlist 12/22/09

The other day I was putting together a list of my favorite Americana CD's of 2009. I decided to cruise the web one more time to make sure I hadn't missed any new releases. Surprise, surprise, I found a disc that is a sure entry into my top picks of the year. Derek Hoke's Goodbye Rock N Roll sounds like the new sound coming out of Nashville: A fusion of old time country, rockabilly, 50's pop and modern Americana. While not a CD I would recommend to music snobs searching for the inner meaning of every lyric, anyone who wants a CD they can put in, press play, and enjoy from beginning to end will love this disc.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Almost - The Coal Men - Kids With Songs
Mr. Rabbit - Paul Westerberg - Stereo
This Ain't My Home - Shannon McNally - Coldwater
Copperhead Road - Steve Earle - Together At the Bluebird Café
Cool Me Down - Kieran Kane - Dead Rekoning
No Christmas for Me - Zee Avi - This Warm December: Brushfire Holiday's, Vol. 1
Too Far Apart - Wilco - A.M.
Denial - The Tara Stonecipher Band - N/A
The Road Goes on Forever - Robert Earl Keen - The Party Never Ends
O! Santa - Chatham County Line - Oh Santa! New & Used Christmas Classics from Yep Roc
Catfish and Color TVs - Wrinkle Neck Mules - Let the Lead Fly
About Cell Block #9 - Jackie Greene - Sweet Somewhere Bound
I'm Not From Here - James McMurtry - Too Long in the Wasteland
The Finer Things - Derek Hoke - Goodbye Rock N Roll

6pm
Eliza Blue - Patrick Kavaney and the Last Drags - Darning Socks for the Apocalypse
Standard of Life - Slimfit - The Path
Texas Me - Doug Sahm - The Return of Wayne Douglas
Border Town Girl - Los Lobos - Wolf Tracks: The Best of Los Lobos
Don't Spill The Sugar - The Wiyos - Broken Land Bell
When I Go Away - Levon Helm - Electric Dirt
Don't Crawfish Me, Baby - Jonathan Edwards & The Seldom Scene - Blue Ridge
Dirty Bellybutton - Cigar Store Indians - Guestlist
The Moon Is Made Of Gold - Rickie Lee Jones - Balm In Gilead
World Without Love - Jonah Smith - Lights On
Travelling Show - Jason Eady - When The Money's All gone
Santa Will Find You - Mindy Smith - My Holiday
Heart & Bones - The Pines - Tremolo

No comments: