Tupelo Honey Playlist 10/13/09

I've always been a fan of Malcolm Holcombe. His voice sounds like something you can only get from gargling glass or hard, HARD living. Unfortunately I think Malcolm's story is the latter. Drugs and alcohol were going to be his demise. Steve Earle was once quoted as saying Malcolm was "the best singer/songwriter I ever threw out of my studio."

Holcolmbe's been clean and sober for awhile now it sure is nice to see that with that sobriety has come the best album he's ever done. His new CD, For The Mission Baby, was just released and it is spectacular. If you're a fan of his don't miss this one and if you're not, I promise this new disc will make you love that one-of-a-kind, gargled-glass voice.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Little Birdy - Pert' Near Sandstone - Needle & Thread
Can't Feel A Thing - Lucero - 1372 Overton Park
In My Time of Dying - The Be Good Tanyas - Le Coeur Des Hommes 2
Cleaning My Gun - Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky
The Right Stuff - Bap Kennedy - Howl On
California Stars - Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avenue
Stuck Between Stations (Acoustic Version) - The Hold Steady - Stuck Between Stations
Fisherman's Blues - Rick Shea - Shelter Valley Blues
I Bow Down and Pray to Every Woman I See - Chuck Prophet - No Other Love
Ethylene - John Hiatt - Walk On
Don't Touch My Hat -Lyle Lovett - The Road to Ensenada
Datura - Or, The Whale - Or, The Whale
Sin City - Limbeck - Let Me Come Home

6pm
Sparta, TN - Danny Barnes - Pizza Box
Emerald Street - Eliza Gilkyson - Beautiful World
Ophelia - Jim Byrnes - My Walking Stick
Talkin' Veterinarian Blues - Corb Lund - Losin' Lately Gambler
For the Mission Baby - Malcolm Holcombe - For The Mission Baby
Amarillo Highway - Terry Allen - Lubbock (On Everything)
One Red Thread - Blind Pilot - 3 Rounds and a Sound
People Just Love To Talk - Delbert McClinton - Acquired Taste
A Great Many Things - Hot Buttered Rum - Limbs Akimbo
Mr. Wrong - Cracker - Cracker
Love's Not Passing Us By - Anne McCue - East Of Electric
Red Wine - Wink Keziah - Hard Times
Hymn #101 - Joe Pug - Nation of Heat EP

No comments: