Tupelo Honey Playlist 9/1/09

Ryan Bingham is one of the rising superstars of the americana genre. I got the pleasure of seeing him at the 2008 ACL Music Festival (pictured here). Out of the 50 bands I watched that weekend he was a true standout. So when I heard he was playing in Eugene this last Monday I wasn't going to miss the show. Mr Bingham certainly didn't disappoint me nor the large crowd that braved a brutal start of the work week. All I can say is Wow! He has to be one of the best live shows I've ever seen. It doesn't seem to matter if its 5000 festival goers or 120 fans in a dark club, Bingham knows how to put on a show. If you missed this one DO NOT miss your next opportunity. You can thank me later.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Almost - The Coal Men - Kids With Songs
Left Home - Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head
Castanets - Alejandro Escovedo - A Man Under the Influence
Thin Line - Noëlle Hampton - Thin Line
Queen Bee - Taj Mahal - Señor Blues
Trinkets - Bonnie Raitt - Souls Alike
Bluebird - Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses - Roadhouse Sun
Sugar Moon - Bellwether - Home Late
The Barnyard Bachelor - The Red Stick Ramblers - My Suitcase Is Always Packed
Whiskey Drinkin' Friends - Gas Money - 22 Dollars
Mama's Fried Chicken - Roddie Romero & the Hub City All-Stars - The la Louisianne Sessions
Scattered & Small - Amelia Curran - War Brides

6pm
Do It - Delbert McClinton - Acquired Taste
Black Sky - Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Dynamite Bill - Peter Mulvey - Letters From A Flying Machine
Down to the Well - Kevin Gordon with Lucinda Williams - No Depression: What It Sounds Like, Vol.1
Honey Bee - The Bridge - Blind Man's Hill
Roustabout - Hillstomp - One Word
Radio Montana - Casey Neill - Memory Against Forgetting
Creole Angel - Sonny Landreth - South Of I-10
Mexican Candy - The Iguanas - Plastic Silver 9 Volt Heart
London Homesick Blues - Jerry Jeff Walker - Great Gonzos
Chicken Shack (Baby's Got My #) - Three Day Threshold - Against The Grain
The Ruminant Band - Fruit Bats - The Ruminant Band
One By One - Billy Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avenue

No comments: