Tupleo Honey Playlist 8/4/09

Want to thank my guest tonight. I think I'll make it a monthly date to bring Watson in to show us the indie/alternative side of this genre.

A DJ wrote me to tell me that The Beat Farmers didn't die in '95. I've always thought of the death of Country Dick at age 40 of a massive heart attack as the end of the band. In fact, the group, now calling themselves The Farmers, is alive and still living in Southern Cal. In fact, they have a new album out. I'll see if I can get my hands on it. I still feel that having Country Dick spray beer on me at both a Beat Farmers and Pleasure Barons show might have been the pinnacle of my life. Ah...the privileges of youth!

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Town of Thieves - James Overbee - Stayin' In Touch
CB Song - The Legendary Shack Shakers - Cockadoodledon't
Hippie Boyfriend - Anna Laube - Pool All The Love*Pool All The Knowledge
Lonesome Hound - Beat Farmers - Tales of the New West
Karluv Most - Otis Gibbs - One Day Our Whispers
Used to Call Me Baby - Split Lip Rayfield - Never Make It Home
The Ring - Hangdogs - East of Yesterday
Atlantic City - The Band - Jericho
Lashes - Rhett Miller - Rhett Miller
For Today - Jessica Lea Mayfield - White Lies EP
You Said It Before - Mojave 3 - Puzzles Like You
Broken - Say Zuzu - n/a
Good Arms Vs Bad Arms - Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Flight

6pm
Far From Home - Neil Young - Prairie Wind
Disconnected - Idlewild - Warnings/Promises
Ballad of Henry & Jimmy - Paul Burch - Still Your Man
I Wish You'd Met Her - Trash Can Sinatras - In the Music
It's a Miracle - Trash Can Sinatras - Weightlifting
I've Seen Everything - Trash Can Sinatras - I've Seen Everything
Tear My Stillhouse Down - Gillian Welch - Revival
Summer Number 39 - Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers - Turbo Ocho
Trouble Tonight - Radney Foster & The Confessions - Revival
Songbirds - Marah - Angels of Destruction
Country Pie - Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
Delia - Woody Pines - Lonesome Shack Blues

No comments: