Tupelo Honey Playlist 6/9/09

Another week of phenomenal new music. For me I've been chomping at the bit to get my hands on Ryan Bingham's sophomore effort Roadhouse Sun. The hype was big but the disc is even bigger. Going from rodeo cowboy to musician is no easy feat, Bingham does it with absolute perfection.

The Belleville Outfit has a new one called Time To Stand. These youngsters have already experienced more successes than most musicians have in a lifetime. From iconic status in and around Austin to the accolades about this new release, these kids might even become mainstream. Excellent new disc, I'll be playing a bunch more of it in upcoming weeks.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Precious Little - Tom Laverack - Cave Drawings
Luckiest Man - The Wood Brothers - Ways Not to Lose
Too Much Coffee - Toni Price - Hey
Turn And Draw - Johnny Miles - Sign Of The Times
Pour - Lori McKenna - Bittertown
Marie - Steve Earle - Townes
Bright - Bourgeois Gypsies - Faulty Fairytales
Trail - Dexateens - Singlewide
Wasting My Time - Zoe Muth - Zoe Muth & The Lost High Rollers
Desdemona (feat. Patty Griffin) - The Alternate Routes - A Sucker's Dream
Somebody's Home - Lucy Kaplansky - Red House 25
California's Burning - Dave Alvin And The Guilty Women - Dave Alvin & The Guilty Women

6pm
Wannabe Country Music Star - Songs From The Road Band - As The Crow Flies
CB Song - The Legendary Shack Shakers - Cockadoodledon't
Mercedes Benz - Kendel Carson - Alright Dynamite
Tell My Mother I Miss Her So - Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses - Roadhouse Sun
Nothing's Too Good For My Baby - The Belleville Outfit - Time To Stand
my jolene - Porterdavis - Ep
Big River - Colin Linden - Johnny's Blues A Tribute to Johnny Cash
Compass Rose - Chris Pureka - Dryland
Broke My Heart - Tim Easton - Porcupine
First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
Known For Possession - Hoots & Hellmouth - The Holy Open Secret
Get Right with God - Lucinda Williams - Essence
People Like You - Weinland - Breaks In The Sun
Money Shot - Melissa McClelland - Victoria Day

No comments: