Tupelo Honey Playlist 6/30/09

In americana it's all about the family...?

The other day I was playing Robyn Ludwick's 2004 album For So Long, it has one of my all-time favorite tunes on it "Virginia." I got to thinking about her husband John Ludwick and all the music he's been involved in over the years, then I was thinking about Robyn's brothers Bruce Robison who did one of my favorite americana albums of 2008 and her other brother Charlie Robison whose new album Beautiful Day I've been playing the snot out of. Then I got to thinking about Charlie's recent divorce to Dixie Chicks star Emily Robison and how his new song "Feelin' Good Again" was such a perfect divorce tune. Then I got to thinking about Bruce's wife, americana superstar, Kelly Willis and wondered how anyone could stay married and be full-time in the music business.

Hell the Robison family would make a great afternoon soap opera. I'd watch just for the music.

Anyway, after all that thinkin' I decided that this week I'd play something from each of the Robison siblings. Maybe next week I'll start drafting the soap script.

Till Next Week
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Back to Me - Kathleen Edwards - Back to Me
The Wrong Side - Buckwheat Zydeco - Lay Your Burden Down
Second Song (w/ Keller Williams) - Assembly of Dust - Some Assembly Required
When I Go Away - Levon Helm - Electric Dirt
Savannah - The Waybacks - Loaded
Close Every Valve To Your Bleeding Heart - Ha Ha Tonka Novel - Sounds Of The Nouveau South
Watching the Sun Go Down - Kevin Gordon - O Come Look At the Burning...
Where I Lead Me - Steve Earle - Townes
Is We Or Ain't We - The Olympic Ass-Kickin' Team - National Champions
Eugene - Greg Brown - The Evening Call
To Jenny - Sorta - Little Bay
I Gotta Get Drunk - Redbird - Redbird
Granddaddy - Patterson Hood - Murdering Oscar (And Other Love Songs)

6pm
Left Home - Sarah Jarosz - Song Up In Her Head
It's Not You It's Me - The Little Willies - The Little Willies
Little Toy Gun - Honeyhoney - Loose Boots
Virginia - Robyn Ludwick - For So Long
The Hammer - Bruce Robison - The New World
Feelin' Good - Charlie Robison - Beautiful Day
Mississippi - JJ Grey & Mofro - Country Ghetto
Every Kinda Everything - The Bottle Rockets - Bottle Rockets
Allegheny County - Lewi Longmire - If I Live to Be 100
Amy I Think - Phineas and the Lonely Leaves - Love What Lies
Cooler-N-Hell - Ray Wylie Hubbard - Delirium Tremolos
Strength and Doubt - Son Volt - American Central Dust
Hellfire Raiser - Anne McCue - Koala Motel
The Whole Damn Thing - Those Darlins - Those Darlins

No comments: