Tupelo Honey Playlist 3/24/09

I featured the "new" CD from Bow Thayer and Perfect Trainwreck. I've never done a feature artist before, but this CD from last year might be one of the best I've ever heard. Literally not a bad track on the whole thing, and some that might end up as my all-time favorites. I'm feeling guilty for not finding this disc last year and giving it due recognition and radio play so I'm making up for it tonight. I understand that they're working on another disc that is also going to be produced at Levon Helm's studio, if its anywhere near as good as this one I will be frothing.

Be sure to tune in next week, I'll be spinning a version of americana's greatest hits.

Till Next Week
Ciao


Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Long Hot Summer - Stephanie Chapman - This Song is to You
No Choic In The Matter - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
Six Tattoos and a Tongue Ring - Crosby Tyler - 10 Songs of America Today
Please, Please Baby - Dwight Yoakam - dwightyoakamacoustic.net
The Rifle - Alela Diane - The Pirate's Gospel
Can't Slow Down - Yarn - Empty Pockets
I Hope It's Gonna Rain - Damon Fowler - Sugar Shack
I Wanna Be Sedated - Two Tons of Steel - Vegas
Too Easy - Catherine MacLellan - Church Bell Blues
Me and Townes - Big Sur - Women
Treat Me Like a Dog - Sundogs - Dancing Room Only
Time to Move On - Tom Petty - Wildflowers
Baltimore Blues, No. 1 - Deer Tick - War Elephant

6pm
Innocent Blue - Pieta Brown - Remember The Sun
Sprawl - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck
Next Equation - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck
That's The Way The World Goes 'Round - Jeffrey Foucault - Shoot The Moon Right Between The Eyes
The Gardener - The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow grave
Red Slab - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck
The Rounder - Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks - Tangled Tales
Champ - Amer Diab - There / After
The Gates Of Liberty - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck - Bow Thayer And Perfect Trainwreck
Feather In A Hurricane - Michelle Malone - Debris
Six Days on the Road - Steve Earle & The Dukes - Essential Steve Earle
Friday Night Lights - San Saba County - Easy Does It
Home Again - Resentments - Roselight
Tallulah Send A Car For Me - Kerri Powers - Faith in the Shadows

2 comments:

S Foley said...

Especially fond recently of Crosby Tyler. At least 3 or 4 playable cuts. Kerri Powers has grown on me as well. Good chance I'll have a new Star Anna cut this Thursday.

Nice show.

MikeDann said...

It is great to hear you playing Bow Thayer and perfect trainwreck.They are amazing live,I saw them open for Levon Helm at his barn a few times.One time acoustic because lightning took out the power.Levon also played drums on Bow's previuos cd spend it all.How he is not a household name is beyond me.He writes all the songs music and lyric,sings the songs and plays all things stringed at the same time!!!
keep it up Mike Dann