Tupelo Honey Playlist 12/30/08

I just realized that this was my last show of 2008. What a year. At this time in 2007 I was just starting to talk to the folks at KRVM about doing an Americana show. Here we are a year later with a show dedicated to my version of the genre I love.

I can't thank all of you enough for tuning in over the course of the year. Next week I'm going to do a show around my favorite CD's of 2008 and the week after I'll pick my favorite songs of the year. Hope you can catch the shows.

I can't believe that this late in the year I stumbled into a CD that will make my "Best of 2008" list. It's The Panderers debut EP Hotshot's Boy. While a severe departure from what most folks define as "Americana", this EP has it all going on and literally not a dud on the disk. If you like your twang with an alternative slant you'll friggin' love this CD.

Till Next Week,
Ciao

Song - Artist - Album

5pm
Lost in the Canyon - The John Henry's - Sweet As The Grain
No Expectations - Shannon Whitworth - No Expectations
The Weight (with Bela Fleck) - Little Feat - Join The Band
Trip Around the Sun - Stephen Bruton - Nothing But the Truth
You'd Oughta Be Satisfied Now - Jonatha Brooke - The Works
When It Comes To Women - Roger Salloom - La Te Da
Father Forgive Me - Tim O'Brien - Chameleon
Came a Long Way - Heartless Bastards - All This Time
It's Not Impossible - Ben Sollee - Learning To Bend
Born To Run - Emmylou Harris - Cimarron
Blue And Wonder - Richard Buckner - Bloomed

6pm
I'll Forget You - Peter Bradley Adams - Leavetaking
Burning House of Love - The Knitters - The Modern Sounds of the Knitters
You Ain't Goin' Nowhere - Bob Dylan - The Essential Bob Dylan
Dig - The Panderers - Hotshot's Boy EP
Hallowed Ground - Will Quinlan & The Diviners - Navasota
Blue Canoe - Blue Mountain - Dog Days
French Song - Kate Walsh - Tim's House
Emergency Call - Matt Costa - Unfamiliar Faces
The Knowing - Lucinda Williams - Little Honey
Sarah Jane - Milton - Grand Hotel
Paradise Etc. - Peter Case - Flying Saucer Blues
Lovin' in My Baby's Eyes - Taj Mahal - Phantom Blues
Hush Now - Catherine Feeny - Hurricane Glass

No comments: