Tupelo Honey Playlist 10/7/08


I first need to make a correction: It is indeed Ralph Stanley playing at The Shedd on the 17th. I for some reason thought it was his son (who will be playing with him), because I thought the man died 6 months ago. Seeing how it would be interesting news to Mr. Stanley that he is dead, I apologize and promise to stop smokin' crack.


Onto music: got a million calls about the bluegrass version of Bob Seger. The entire album is Seger covers, and they're all great. The band is Cornbread Red. Two other great finds this week are Phantom Puercos from The Netherlands and the guy a cabbie in Austin told me to go see: Jonathan Terrell. The CD Terrell gave me was self burned so I don't have a album or song title, I did however find him on Itunes and will playing some of those songs in the weeks to come.


Until next week...

Ciao


Artist - Song - Title
5pm
Mindy Smith - Come to Jesus - One Moment More
Greg Brown - Boomtown - If I Had Known: Essential Recordings 1980-1996
Ryan Purcell - Palmer's Pickup Blues - Kick the Dirt
Cornbread Red - Main Street - Runnin' Against the Wind
The Avett Brothers - Bella Donna - The Second Gleam
Gillian Welch - Caleb Meyer - Hell Among the Yearlings
Macon Greyson - Run For Cover - 20th Century Accidents
Rebekah Pully & The Reluctant Prophets - 1980 - Back to Boogaloo
Phantom Puercos - In a Hole - Woold
The Band - Ophelia - Greatest Hits
Peter Cooper - 715 (For Hank Aaron) - Mission Door
Kieran Kane & Kevin Welch - Somewhere in the Middle - You Can't Save Everybody
Steve Earle - City of Immigrants - Washington Square Serenade
The Bottle Rockets - Welfare Music - The Brooklyn Side
6pm
Star Anna - Bed That I Made - Crooked Path
Jonathan Terrell - ????- ????
Old Crow Medicine Show - Tennessee Pusher - Tennessee Pusher
Bonnie Raitt - Since I Fell For You - Bonnie Raitt
Golden Smog - Pecan Pie - Stay Golden: The Best of Golden Smog
Plain Hard Truth - Batten Down the Hatches - Hearing is Believing
Ralph Stanley II - L.A. County - This One is Two
Loudon Wainwright III - Daughter - Recovery
Mary Gauthier - I Ain't Leaving - Between Daylight and Dark
Mason Jennings - Memphis, Tennessee - In the Ever
Joan Osborne - Spider Web - Relish
Catie Curtis - Hard Time With Goodbyes - Long Night Moon

No comments: