Tupelo Honey Playlist 10/14/08


I can't believe how many of you phoned about the new Ry Cooder tune I played. I certainly never expected that kind of response. I could tell that some of you were responding solely to the music and had no idea of who Ry Cooder is. I'll let you have your own discovery.


Played another song from the guy the Austin cabbie told me to see: Jonathan Terrell. I'm very impressed with this virtual unknown.


I'll be interviewing Star Anna this week. I couldn't be more excited. Her debut CD, Crooked Path, will probably win my vote for album of the year. She's playing next Thursday at Sam Bond's. Unfortunately I won't be able to air the interview until October 28. In the mean time I'll see you at, what for me is, the most anticipated show of the year.


Till Next Week

Ciao


Artist - Song - Album
5pm
Jenny Lewis - Godspeed - Acid Tongue
The BoDeans - Everyday - Still
Delta Spirit - Trashcan - Ode to Sunshine
King Johnson - One More Day - Hot Fish Laundry Mat
Robbie Fulks - She Took a Lot of Pills (and Died) - Country Love Songs
Patti Scialfa - Town Called Heartbreak - Play it as it Lays
Rod Stewart - You Wear it Well - The Millenium Collection
James LeBlanc - Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde - Muscle Shoals City Limits
Hayes Carll - Drunken Poet's Dream - Trouble in Mind
Brett Dennen - Darlin' Do Not Fear - So Much More
The Horse Flies - Veins of Coal - Until the Ocean
6pm
Or, The Whale - Call and Response - Light Poles and Pines
Scott Miller & The Commonwealth - I Made a Mess of This Town - Thus Always to Tyrants
Little Feat (with Inara George) - Trouble - Join the Band
Rodney Crowell - Funky and the Farm Boy - Sex and Gasoline
The Steeldrivers - Midnight Train to Memphis - The Steeldrivers
Ry Cooder - Filipino Dance Hall Girl - I, Flathead
Johnathan Terrell and The Organization - Salt N Pepper Days - Emory
Griffin House - The Guy that Says Goodbye - Flying Upside Down
Star Anna - Places we Exist - Crooked Path
Jay Nash - Over You - The Things you Need to Know
Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem - Joy Comes Back - Rani Arbo & Daisy Mayhem
The Weepies - Hideaway - Hideaway
Kate Maki - Blue Morning - On High
The Human Revolution - Chuck the Raven - Love Revolution

No comments: