Tupelo Honey Playlist 9/9/08

Got a few personal favorites from this week: on the new release side I have to give kudos to Glossary's new CD "The Better Angels of our Nature," also the J. Scott Hinkle tune. Christopher Denny is starting to fit me like a perfect chore coat. The Steve Arvey tune is just a nice reminder that small town bands can still make some great music.

The big find on the previous released side is Jessica Lea Mayfield. The song I played today might climb into my all time top 10, just phenomenal.

I'll have a substitute DJ next week so I'll see ya in a couple of weeks.

Ciao
Shotgun


Artist - Song - Album

5pm
Randall Bramblett - Blue Road - Now it's Tomorrow
J.J. Cale & Eric Clapton - Dead end Road - The Road to Escondido
Pieta Brown - Rollin' Down the Track - Remember the Sun
Faith - Steve Arvey & Pete Cornelius - Freerange
Lone Justice - Ways to be Wicked - Lone Justice
Okkervil River - Pop Lie - The Stand-ins
Christopher Denny - Heart's on Fire - Age Old Hunger
Catie Curtis - Soulfully - Catie Curtis
Uncle Tueplo - Watch me Fall - Still Feel Gone
Ray Bonneville - Walk With Me - Roll it Down
Greta Gaines - Whiskey Thoughts - Whiskey Thoughts
Van Morrison - Till I Gain Control Again - Pay the Devil
Whitey Johnson - Devill Goin' Fishin' - Whitey Johnson
Sarah Borges & The Broken Singles - The Day We Met - Diamonds in the Dark

6pm
Glossary - Blood on the Knobs - The Better Angels of our Nature
Shawn Colvin - Shotgun Down the Avalanche - Steady On
J. Scott Hinkle - Fall Down 7, Stand up 8 - Blueridge Martini
Augie March - One Crowded House - One Crowded House EP
Jessica Lea Mayfield - For Today - White Lies EP
KT Tunstall - Heal Over - Eye to the Telescope
The Basement - Summertimes - Illicit Hugs & Playground Thugs
Nanci Griffith - These Days in an Open Book - Flyer
Ron Sexsmith - Poor Helpless Dreams - Exit Strategy of the Soul
Jenny Scheinman - I Was Young When I Left Home - Advance Music
Kort McCumber - I Drank A Lot - Lickskillet Road
Hayden - Barely Friends - In Field & Town
Steve Dawson - Dry as our Luck - Waiting for the Lights to Come Up

No comments: