Tupelo Honey Playlist 8/5/08

I got to send a thanks out to Big Tim Little for turning me on to the David Bromberg version of "Mr. Bojangles." I didn't think anyone could do Jerry Jeff better than Jerry Jeff, I was wrong.

My fav's this week are two CD's from last year that I just got a chance to hear. Amy Speace's song "Not The Heartless Kind" is awesome. Didn't think much of the album but she hit a homerun with that tune. The other is Devon Sproule's album Keep Your Silver Shined. Wow! I'll be playing some other songs from this impressive album.

I went up to the Doug Fir last week to see Or, The Whale. I think their album is marvelous but it doesn't even compare to seeing 'em live. They told me that they have another album finished and expected out in March of next year, I'll be looking forward to it.

Until next week, ciao.


Artist - Song - Album

5pm
ALO - Maria - Songs for Laura Vol. 1
Mudcrutch - Scare Easy - Mudcrutch
Southern Culture on the Skids - Te Ni Nee Ni Nu - Countrypolitan Favorites
The Lowlands - Pack of Seeds -The Lowlands
John Hiatt - On With You - Same Old Man
Amy Speace - Not the Heartless Kind - Songs for Bright Street
Steve Earle - Satellite Radio - Washington Stret Serenade
Jim White - Crash Into the Sun - Transnormal Skiperoo
AJ Downing - Magdalene - River of Life
Jimmy Buffet - Barefoot Children - Barometer Soup
Fred Eaglesmith - Thinking About You - Broken Bridges Soundtrack
Ted Russel Kamp - Better Before You Were Big Time - Divisadero

6pm
David Bromberg - Mr Bojangles (live) - The Player: A Retrospective
Son Volt - Medicine Hat (live acoustic cafe) - Retrospective: 1995-2000
Amelia White - Black Doves - Black Doves
Johnny Cash w/ June Carter - If I Were a Carpenter - The Essential Johnny Cash
Drive-By Truckers - Self Destructive Zones - Brighter Than Creation's Dark
AJ Roach - Dimes - Dogwood Winter
Ron Sexsmith - Strawberry Blonde - Other Songs
Murder by Death - Brother (album version) - In Bocca Al Lupo
Devon Sproule - Dress Sharp, Play Well, Be Modest - Keep Your Silver Shined
Sam Baker - Juarez - Pretty World
Bonnie Raitt - Trinkets - Souls Alive
Neko Case - Set Out Running - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

1 comment:

mizlan said...

wow..nice blog..keep up your good work